The Ayushman Bharat Scheme (AMY) or the Prime Minister Jan Swasthya Yojana (PM-JAY) is a health plan of the Government of India, which was implemented on April 1, 2018 all over India. In the budget session of 2018, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced the scheme. The objective of this scheme is to provide health insurance to economically weaker people (BPL holders). It will provide cashless health insurance up to 5 lakhs to each family coming under it. On the line of Obama’s Health Care Plan launched by former President Barack Obama in America, ABY is also called ModiCare.
Ayushman consists of two major elements in India.
1. National Health Protection Scheme
Ayushman India-National Health Security Scheme, which will cover 10 million poor and weaker families He provides coverage for the care of the hospital on every secondary and tertiary level for every family, Rs 5 lakh per year.
The benefits of the scheme can be applied anywhere in the country, and the beneficiary under this scheme will be allowed to take cashless (unpaid) benefits from any public or private under hospital in the country.
Based on the criteria given in the SECC database, it will be decided on who has the right to avail the scheme. It will target approximately 10.74 million poor, deprived rural households and families of elaborate urban workers.
This family will be fixed according to the SECC database, which includes both villages and cities. It covers almost all secondary and multiple tertiary hospitals (excluding a negative list).
2. Wellness Center
List of services to be provided at the Health and Wellness Center include:
- Pregnancy Care and Maternal Health Services
- Neonatal & Infant Health Services
- Child health
- Chronic infectious disease
- Non infectious disease
- Management of mental illness
- Tooth Care
- Emergency medical care for the elderly
How to get benefits in hospital
The patient will have to submit his insurance documents after being admitted to the hospital. Depending on this, the hospital will inform the insurance company about the cost of treatment and the treatment would be treated without payment without confirmation of the documents of the insured. Under this scheme, the insured person will be able to get treatment even in not only the government but also in private hospitals.
The work of connecting private hospitals has started. It will also benefit from the fact that in the government hospitals, the crowd will be reduced. Under this scheme, the government will open more than 1.5 lakh health and wellness centers across the country, which will provide free medicines and diagnostic services free of cost.
Benefits can be acquired without Adhar Card
You do not need Aadhaar card for Ayushman Bharat Scheme. According to the Supreme Court, you do not need Aadhaar card to take advantage of any government scheme.
States wise centers
It has two components- the first 10.74 lakh families have health insurance of Rs 5 lakhs free. Second Health Wellness Center It will update the primary health centers across the country. These centers will also get free medicines along with treatment. 1000 in Chhattisgarh, 1185 in Gujarat, 505 in Rajasthan, 646 in Jharkhand, 700 in Madhya Pradesh, 1450 in Maharashtra, 800 in Punjab, 643 in Bihar, 255 in Haryana.
How does ABY work in diseases?
- Older diseases are also covered in ModiCare (PM-JAY).
- In case of any illness, before and after admission to hospital, expenses are also being covered. PM-JAY includes transportation costs.
- In case of any illness, all medical tests / operations / treatment etc. are covered under PM-JAY.
Who can take advantage of Ayushman Bharat Scheme (ABY)?
- 74 million Families of the country can take advantage of PM-JAY.
- These families have been identified as poor and deprived of facilities.
- The socio-economic caste census data has been used to take advantage of Ayushman Bharat Scheme (ABY).
- No limit has been set for family size or age to take advantage of PM-JAY.