- Narendra Singh Tomar laid the foundation for the new office building for ASRB
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, the Union Minister for Agriculture, laid the foundation stone for the revamped office building of the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) at the Pusa Campus in New Delhi on 4 November 2019.
- ASRB: The new ASRB is expected to play a greater role in ensuring availability of the capable, efficient, and qualified Agriculture Scientists through a transparent and streamlined process.
- MoD organized Ambassadors Round Table conference on DefExpo
- The Ministry of Defence organized Ambassadors’ Round Table conference on DefExpo 2020. It was chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on 4 November.
- Focus: The aim of the conference is to create a major outreach to the defence manufacturing industries of the world.
- The Round Table focused on briefing the representatives of foreign missions based in New Delhi about the arrangements that are made for DefExpo.
- Prime Minister Modi meets Japanese PM Shinz Abe
- Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi met the Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe, in the sidelines of India-ASEAN and East Asia Summit 2019 at Bangkok on 4 November 2019.
- This is the third meeting between the last about four months.
- The last meeting by the two Prime Ministers in Vladivostok in September 2019.
- Centre to set up a museum showcasing 70 years of Naga struggle
- The government is to agree to the demand to set up a museum showcasing 70 years of Naga struggle.
- The Centre is currently preparing to hold consultations with Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, and Assam before finalizing the Naga peace accord.
- Naga museum: Arms and ammunition surrendered by rebels will be a part of the existing state museum.
- Besides weapons, the museum will also honor Naga leaders who were part of the struggle.
- India needs USD 30 bi investment per year in the renewable sector
- Arunabha Ghosh, chief executive officer of Council on Energy, said that India needs $30 billion investment per year in the renewable sector at Singapore International Energy Week.
- It is a series of energy conferences which were held between 29 October and 1 November.
- Enforce regulation are making transparent bidding process at the tendering stage and preserve the sanctity of contract.
- Delhi Aadi Mahotsav to be organised at Dilli Haat
- The Delhi Aadi Mahotsav is to be organized at Dilli Haat, New Delhi, between 16th to 30th November 2019.
- The ceremony will be inaugurated by the Union Minister for Home Affairs Shri Amit Shah.
- The was an announcement about the celebration that was made by Shri Pravin Krishna, MD, Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED).
- Theme: The theme of the Delhi Aadi Mahotsav is a Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Crafts, Culture, and Commerce.
- Indian to invite Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro
- The Central government is to invite Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro as the chief guest to the Republic Day celebrations 2020.
- India aims to expand its outreach to South America.
- India and Brazil are aiming to finalize Bolsonaro’s maiden trip to India as President.
- If finalized, Bolsonaro would be the third Brazilian President to be invited for Republic Day celebrations.
- In 1996, Fernando Henrique Cardoso and in 2004, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva visited India.
Banking & Finance
- Ministry of Finance launched ICEDASH and ATITHI
- Union Minister of Finance Nirmala Sitharaman, unveiled two new IT initiatives, ICEDASH and ATITHI.
- It aims to improve the monitoring and pace of Customs clearance of imported goods and to facilitate arriving international passengers by the electronic filing of Customs baggage and currency declarations.
- The new measures by CBIC aim to leverage technology for providing better taxpayer services.
- Ashleigh Barty claimed the 2019 WTA Finals in China
- Australian tennis player and world number one Ashleigh Barty claimed the 2019 WTA Finals in China.
- She defeated Elina Svitolina of Ukraine and smashed the title.
- She has claimed the record-breaking prize money of $4.42 million. The prize money is considered as the biggest ever amount in men’s or women’s tennis.
- She secured 6-4, 6-3, to claim the prestigious 2019 WTA Finals title.
- Novak Djokovic won the Paris Masters 2019 title
- Novak Djokovic won the Paris Masters 2019 title. He won the title for the fifth time. He sealed his 34th Master’s title and fifth overall ATP victory of the year 2019.
- He defeated Canada’s Denis Shapovalov. He secured 6-3 6-4 to win the title.
- Result: Men’s Singles: Serbia Novak Djokovic Men’s Doubles: France Pierre-Hugues Herbert, Nicolas Mahut 2019 Rolex Paris Masters: Edition: 48th Location: Paris, France The 2019 Rolex Paris Masters is the 48th edition.
Appointment & Resignation
- Manoj Pande appointed as Member Staff, Railway Board
- Shri Manoj Pande, Indian Railways Personnel Service (IRPS) has taken over as Member Staff, Railway Board and ex-officio Secretary on 2 November 2019.
- Previously he was working as Director General, Personnel, Railway Board.
- Shri Manoj Pande: Pande is a Post Graduate in Economics from Delhi School of Economics, MBA, L.L.B. and holds a Diploma in Russian language from JNU. He has written several articles on Railway Heritage and History.
- ECI appoints B Murali Kumar as Special Expenditure Observer for Jharkhand election
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) appointed Shri B Murali Kumar as Special Expenditure Observer for the Legislative Assembly election of Jharkhand.
Roles or the Special Observer:
♦ The Special Observer will supervise and monitor the work that is carried out by the electoral machinery in consultation with the Chief Electoral Officer, Jharkhand.
♦ He will also ensure that stringent and effective enforcement action is undertaken.
Science, Space & Technology
- IIT Kharagpur generates electricity from wet clothes
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-Kharagpur), the Mechanical department, generated electricity from clothes drying in the natural ambience. The research was done at a dhobi ghat.
- Electricity from Wet clothes: Fifty wet clothes that were put for drying by washermen in a remote village with a surface area of 3,000 square meters were used in the project.
- The wet clothes were connected to a commercial super-capacitor.
- IFFCO introduced Indias first Nanotechnology based fertilizers for on field trials
- The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) introduced its Nano-technology based product range for on-field trials on 3 November 2019.
- It was launched at a function held in Kalol, Gujarat.
- The Nano-tech product includes Nano Nitrogen, Nano Zinc, Nano Copper. The nano products were researched and developed at the IFFCO Nano Biotechnology Research Centre (NBRC) at Kalol Unit.