#1 Constitutional safeguards to civil servants are ensured by?
The Constitution of India through Article 311, thus protects and safeguards the rights of civil servants in Government service against arbitrary dismissal, removal and reduction in rank. Such protection enables the civil servants to discharge their functions boldly, efficiently and effectively.
#2 Lame-duck session of Parliament means-
A lame-duck session of Congress in the United States occurs whenever one Congress meets after its successor is elected, but before the successor’s term begins.
#3 Which one of the following is not a fundamental duty?
List of Fundamental Duties: Art. 51A, Part IVA of the Indian Constitution
Art. 51A, Part IVA of the Indian Constitution, specifies the list of fundamental duties of the citizens. It says’ it shall be the duty of every citizen of India:
1. to abide by the constitution and respect its ideal and institutions.
2. to cherish and follow the noble ideals which inspired our national struggle for freedom.
3. to uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India.
4. to defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so.
5. to promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional diversities, to renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women.
6. to value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture.
7. to protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers, and wild-life and to have compassion for living creatures.
8. to develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform.
9. to safeguard public property and to abjure violence.
10. to strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity, so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavor and achievement.
11. who is a parent or guardian , to provide opportunities for education to his child, or as the case may be, ward between the age of six and fourteen years.
#4 Which of the following is/are among the Directive Principles of State Policy? 1. securing welfare of the people 2. to secure living wage, decent standard of life, and to promote cottage industries 3. to provide free and compulsory education to all children up to 14 years of age 4. to protect monuments of historic and national importance Select the correct answer from the code given below—
Gandhian Directives: Under these directives are the guidelines for organising village Panchayat, prohibition of intoxicating drinks and cow-slaughter, secure living wage, decent standard of life, and to promote cottage industries, to provide free and compulsory education to all children up to 14 years of age etc.
#5 The Rajya Sabha has equal powers with the Lok Sabha—
Rajya Sabha has equal powers with Lok Sabha: in the matter of creating new All India Services. in amending the constitution. in cut motions.