- Government constitutes Company Law Committee to improve ease of doing business
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs has decided to constitute a Company Law Committee for examining and making recommendations to the Government on various provisions and issues pertaining to implementation of the Companies Act, 2013 and the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008.
- The committee has formed in line with the Government’s objective of promoting Ease of Living in the country by providing Ease of Doing Business to law abiding corporates
- The company 11-member law committee will be chaired by InjetiSrinivas, secretary of the corporate affairs ministry
- The committee to look at recategorization of certain offences under the Companies At as civil offences as well as review other provisions of the Companies Act and the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2008.
- Agreement between Skill India and IBM for nationwide Train-the-Trainer program in AI
- The Directorate General of Training (DGT) division of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, has signed a pact with the world’s leading IT(Information Technology) company IBM (International Business Machines Corporation), under which a nationwide program to train trainers in Basic Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be carried out.
- The objective of the program is to help trainers in basic approach, workflow and AI application, so that they can use it in their training modules.
- The program was announced at the Kaushalaycharya Samadar ceremony on the occasion of Teachers Day on September 5, 2019, a total of 53 trainers were honored at the ceremony.Among them were experts who trained the WorldSkills Competition winners, trainers from National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs), Industrial Training Centres (ITI), Jan Sikshan Sansthans (JSS) and trainers from reputed corporate houses.
- Government constitutes Company Law Committee for examining provisions and issues related to Companies Act 2013 implementation
- The corporate affairs ministry in line with the govt’s objective to promote the ease of living and by providing Ease of Doing Business to the companies abiding the law decided to be set up, a company law committee to look into the issues pertaining to the implementation of the Companies Act, 2013 and the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008.
- The 11- member company law committee will be headed by Corporate Affairs Secretary Injeti Srinivas. The Committee shall submit its recommendations in phases and subject-wise to the Government.
♦Committee responsibility: The committee will analyze the nature of offence, examining the feasibility of settlement mechanism, study changes needed under Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 framework, improving the functioning of National Company Law Tribunal(NCLT),removing any bottlenecks in the overall functioning of the statutory bodies like Serious Fraud Investigation Office(SFIO), Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority(IEPFA), National Financial Reporting Authority(NFRA).
♦The report shall be submitted any time as decided by the chairperson and will also meet after one-year tenure.
- India to achieve $26 billion defence industry target by 2025
- The Defence Minister of India Mr Rajnath Singh at the 2nd annual session of the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) for 2019 in New Delhi addressed that India will achieve $26 billion defence industry target by 2025.
♦It is predicted that there will be an investment of $10 billion and it will create 2.3 million employment opportunities.
♦Simplified procedures for defence exports has resulted in exports to Rs 10 thousand 745 Crore in 2018-19 and a target of $5 Billion for exports has been set till 2024.
♦There are plans to develop 5 Defence Specific Artificial Intelligence products by 2024.
♦The current size of the Indian economy is around $2.7 trillion and the aim is to make $5 trillion by 2024 and $10 trillion by 2030.
- Delhi Police launched ‘Tatpar’ mobile app
- Delhi Police has launched a new mobile app called ‘Tatpar’ to file FIR through mobile or to pay traffic challans online.
- ‘Tatpar’ included 50 citizen-friendly services of Delhi Police. One can locate the nearest police station and PCR van through this app.
- Various services like checking complaint status, servant verification, payment of traffic challans, reporting of stolen items and searching for stolen vehicles can be done at this app.
- Telangana announces 2020 as Artificial Intelligence year
- Several programmes related to Artificial Intelligence will be started in various educational institutions across the State.
- IIT Kharagpur is also launching its regional centre in Telangana to boost Artificial Intelligence in the state.
- Telangana is the first state who signed up with Niti Aayog for various AI-based projects in the state.
- India’s first central police university to come up in Greater Noida
- The country’s first Central Police University will be established in Greater Noida near the Yamuna Expressway
- Centre had given in-principle approval for the university and a 100-acre plot has been identified in Sector Techzone for it.
- The university will offer undergraduate and post-graduate courses on policing, internal security, cybercrime and forensic sciences
- Ramesh Pokhriyal launches waste management summit for women entrepreneurs
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched several initiatives of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) in New Delhi
- It includes facilitation through Margadarshan and Margadarshak, Model Curriculum for diploma courses, Waste Management Accelerator for Aspiring Women Entrepreneurs (WAWE Summit 2019) and 360-degree feedback of faculty
- The Ministerinformed that the ‘Wawe Summit 2019’ (Waste Management Accelerators for Aspire Women Entrepreneurs)Summit will be held in November-December 2019. It will be jointly organized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Institute of Waste Management (IIWM) in Jaipur.
- He further stated that this conclave will be part of a series of activities to encourage entrepreneurship amongst young graduates.
- International Workshop for National Water Museum
- Ministry of Jal Shakti has taken an initiative to develop National Water Museum to enhance awareness among general public at large, about dwindling water resources and need for conservation, and about sustainable and judicious use of water resources
- The Ministry is organised the International Workshop for National Water Museum September 19, 20 at Central Water Commission Auditorium,New Delhi
- Global Network of Water Museums is an umbrella organization for such initiatives around the World
- India with 17.5million international migrants, tops country of origin of international migrants in 2019 by UN’s ‘International Migrant Stock 2019’ report
- According to the report by the United Nations(UN) named ‘The International Migrant Stock 2019’, India topped the country of origin of international migrants in 2019 with 17.5 million migrants globally, making it the largest diaspora in the world. Currently the world’s migrant population stands at 272 million in 2019, according to the report which grew by 23% over a decade. Country wise, United States(US) hosted large no. of international migrants at 51 million equaling 19% of the world’s total.
- India has 5.1million international migrants in 2019 which is 5.2 million less when compared to the migration list of 2015 and the international migrants shared 0.4% of the total population in India steadily from 2010-2019.
- Leading country of origin of international migrants:
|Rank||Country leading with origin of international migrants||Host countries of large no. of international migrants|
Banking & Finance
- India Post launches speed post service for six new countries
- The Department of Posts has expanded its speed post service to 6 new overseas destinations in Asia, Europe and South America. It has introduced International Speed Post (EMS) for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Ecuador, Kazakhstan, Lithuania and North McDonia.
♦EMS (Express Mail Service) :It is a premium service that enables its users to send documents and merchandise faster and in this service goods can be monitored online with the help of the internet.
♦With the introduction of this service, people in these 6 countries will be able to contact each other and it will also promote business as EMS service is very popular among small and medium enterprises. EMS service for these countries will be available at major post offices across India. Currently India Post is providing speed post service to 100 countries.
Appointment & Resignation
- Four CJs appointed as Supreme Court Judges
- The total strength of Supreme Court Judges has gone up to 34 with the recent appointment of four new Judges.
- These four Chief Justices of various High Courts are – Rajasthan High Court Chief Justice S. Ravindra Bhat, Himachal Pradesh High Court Chief Justice V. Ramasubramanian, Kerala High Court Chief Justice Hrishikesh Roy and Haryana High Court Chief Justice Krishna Murari.
- Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi led Collegium recommended their names for appointment to the Supreme Court.
Award & Honors
- Documentary Film ‘MotiBagh’ Based on Life of Uttarakhand Farmer Nominated for Oscars
- MotiBagh, A documentary film based on a farmer in Uttarakhand has been nominated for Oscars.
- The documentary film, directed by NirmalChander is based on the life of a farmer called Vidyadutt, who belongs to a remote village in Uttarakhand’sPauriGarhwal region.
- MotiBagh is jointly produced by Doordarshan and Public Service Broadcasting Trust (PSBT). Its runtime is sixty minutes and is a Hindi language film.
- Rajnath Singh becomes first RakshaMantri to fly ‘LCA Tejas’
- Rajnath Singh became the first defence minister to fly in the indigenous light combat aircraft Tejas from the HAL airport in Bengaluru
- Tejas is a four-and-half generation light combat aircraft developed by state-run aerospace behemoth Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL).
- Air Vice Marshal N Tiwari was among the officers who accompanied him to the jet
- Overview of 20th Edition of NEXA IIFA Awards for 2019
- The 20th Edition of NEXA International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA Awards) for 2019 was held on September 18, 2019 at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium, Mumbai, Maharashtra. For the first time, the award ceremony was held in India.
♦It is an annual award ceremony presented by the International Indian Film Academy and awarded for excellence in cinematic achievements for Bollywood.
♦It was hosted by an Indian actors, Ayushmann Khurrana and Aparshakti Khurana.
♦The nominees were announced on August 28, 2019.
♦The event was produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd, an event management agency headquartered in Mumbai.
♦Bollywood stars like Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Vicky Kaushal, Madhuri Dixit, Katrina Kaif and Sara Ali Khan entertained the guests with their on-stage performances.
List of Winners:
|Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female)||Alia Bhatt for Raazi|
|Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male)||Ranveer Singh for Padmaavat|
|Best Director||Sriram Raghavan for Andhadhun|
|Best Supporting Actor (Female)||Aditi Rao Hydari for Padmaavat|
|Best Supporting Actor (Male)||Vicky Kaushal for Sanju|
|Best Debutant (Female)||Sara Ali Khan for Kedarnath|
|Best Debutant (Male)||Ishaan Khatter for Dhadak and Beyond the Clouds|
|Best Playback Singer (Male)||Arijit Singh for “Ae Watan”- Raazi|
|Best Playback Singer (Female)||Harshdeep Kaur and Vibha Saraf for “Dilbaro” – Raazi|
|Best Lyricist||Amitabh Bhattacharya for “Dhadak (Title Track)”- “Dhadak”|
|Best Music Director||Amaal Mallik, Guru Randhawa, Rochak Kohli, Saurabh-Vaibhav, Yo Yo Honey Singh and Zack Knight (Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety)|
|Best Story/ Screenplay||Sriram Raghavan, Pooja Ladha Surti, Arijit Biswas, Yogesh Chandekar and Hemanth Rao for Andhadhun|
|Best music direction in the last 20 years||Pritam Chakraborty for Ae Dil Hai Mushkil|
|Best director in the last 20 years||Rajkumar Hirani for 3 Idiots|
|Best film in the last 20 years||Koi Mil Gaya|
|Best actor in the last 20 years||Ranbir Kapoor for Barfi|
|Best actress in the last 20 years||Deepika Padukone for Chennai Express|
|Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema (Dance & Choreography)||Saroj Khan|
|Critics’ Award for Best Film||AndhaDhun|
|Critics’ Award for Best Actor (Female)||Neena Gupta, Badhaai Ho|
|Critics’ Award for Best Actor (Male)||Ranveer Singh, “Padmaavat”|
|Best Debut Director||Amar Kaushik, Stree|
|Best Dialogue||Akshat Ghildial, Badhaai Ho|
|Best Original Story||Anubhav Sinha, Mulk|
|Best Actor (Male) in a Short Film||Hussain Dalal, Shameless|
|Best Actor (Female) in a Short Film||Kirti Kulhari, Maya|
|People’s Choice Award for Best Short Film||Plus Minus|
|Best Short Film (Fiction)||Rogan Josh|
|Best Short Film (Non Fiction)||The Soccer City|
|Best Music Album||Padmaavat|
|Best Lyrics||Gulzar for Ae Watan, Raazi & for AndhaDhun|
|Best Background Score||Daniel George, AndhaDhun|
|Best Sound Design||Kunal Sharma, Tumbbad|
|Best Choreography||Kruti Mahesh Midya, Jyoti Tomaar for Ghoomar, “Padmaavat”|
|Best Cinematography||Pankaj Kumar, Tumbbad|
|Best Editing||Pooja Ladha Surti, AndhaDhun|
|Best Costume||Sheetal Sharma, Manto|
|Best Production Design||Nitin Zihani Chaudhary and Rajesh Yadav (Tumbbad)|
|Best VFX (Visual Effects)||Red Chillies Fx, Zero|
|Best Sound Mixing||Ajay Kumar P.B (Post House)- Andhadhun|
|Best Special Effects||Filmgate Films AB-Tumbbad|
|Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema (Lifetime Achievement Award )||Legendary actor and comedian, Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed Jafri, aka Jagdeep|
- Super 30 founder Anand Kumar honoured with Education Excellence Award 2019
- Super 30 founder and noted mathematician Anand Kumar, aged 46, was awarded Education Excellence Award 2019 by the Foundation For Excellence (FFE) at the organisation’s 25th anniversary gala in San Jose, California, United States for the contributions towards imparting education to the needy students.
- Through the ‘Super 30’ initiative, Mr Kumar has been training 30 students free of cost for the last 18 years for admission to India’s premier technology institutes i.e. Indian Institute of Technology- Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE).
- The book titled “The Cousins Thackeray: Uddhav, Raj and the Shadow of their Senas” by Dhaval Kulkarni released
- The book titled “The Cousins Thackeray: Uddhav, Raj and the Shadow of their Senas” written by the journalist Dhaval Kulkarni was released.
- It is published by Penguin Random House. The book depicts the political journey of Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray.
Science, Space & Technology
- MIS portal for under Accessible India Campaign launched
- A Management Information System (MIS) has been developed by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
- This portal will work as a single-window platform for monitoring the progress being made against each target of Accessible India Campaign.
- A real-time data will be maintained while it will be user-friendly for Divyangjans.